Is it worth hiring a personal trainer in Hong Kong? Yes and no.
If you’re struggling to find motivation in your fitness journey, hiring a personal trainer in Hong Kong might be the little extra push you need in reaching your well-earned fitness goals. In a fast-paced city like Hong Kong, maintaining a balanced lifestyle can be extremely tough, so it isn’t uncommon for many people to occasionally fall off-track in their exercise plans.
But is it worth hiring a personal trainer in Hong Kong, and how exactly can they help you achieve your fitness goals?
Is it worth hiring a personal trainer in Hong Kong?
From functional strength training to weight loss, personal trainers in Hong Kong possess the necessary skills and knowledge to develop effective and safe exercise programs catered to your specific fitness and personal health goals. Most personal trainers have earned a professional certification demonstrating their ability to assess form, technique, and physical ability and create programs that best target your needs.
You can opt for an in-gym personal trainer, as well as an at-home or online trainer. Regardless of your preference or fitness levels, having a personal trainer waiting for you means you’ll be less likely to cancel your workout.
Though hiring personal trainers are common in many fitness circles these days, there’s still plenty of people in Hong Kong who remain hesitant to hire one. Common reasons include concerns over expenses, fear of injury, self-consciousness, or the uncertainty of committing to intense training programs.
There are also times where many have left past personal training sessions with 'trainer trauma' – limping, crawling, or (God forbid) crying, and are now unsure of what to expect when getting started with a new personal trainer.
In this post, we’ll go over the four pros and cons of hiring personal trainers, and how online trainers from FluidX and TodayFit collaborated to help provide affordable, personalized workouts plans from the comfort of your own home.
Four pros of hiring a personal trainer
The are numerous advantages to having a personal trainer accompany your next workout, all of which can help you reach your fitness goals effectively, efficiently, and without injury. Here are the most common:
- Individual expert advice: Qualified personal trainers provide tailored advice and exercises, helping you define your specific individual fitness goals and create a roadmap to achieve them.
- Accountability to your fitness goals: We’ve all been there – trying to skip a specific exercise, cheat a set, or snooze your alarm clock. So if you’re someone that lacks commitment or self-motivation, having a personal trainer around can help resist these temptations while working out.
- Personalized workouts: With personal trainers, you can create a specific workout plan based on the fitness goals you aim to achieve in the short or long-term.
- Efficiency and efficacy: With an experienced fitness professional, you’ll be pushed to make the most of your workout time, increasing the overall efficiency of exercise programs.
Four cons of hiring a personal trainer
Despite the popularity of personal trainers in the local fitness community, it still comes with its own set of disadvantages as well. Here are some of them:
- Cost: Hiring a personal trainer is not something you can get away with cheaply, especially in Hong Kong. While it depends on the type of trainer you want to work with (in-gym, at-home, or online), 2018 data showed that hiring a qualified personal trainer in Hong Kong is likely to cost you around HK$780 per hour.
- Personality clashes: Due to the nature of their job, different personal trainers may come across as forceful or headstrong – while it may not be a problem for some, it’s best to decide whether or not you can thrive under pressure beforehand.
- Not every trainer is a professional: There’s no guarantee that the personal trainer you hire has proper, professional qualifications. Even if they do possess qualifications, they might lack the hands-on, physical experience to help clients achieve their long-term fitness goals.
- Time management: If you hire a popular personal trainer often booked by other frequent gym-goers, location and time management issues may arise as your scheduled workout might be someone else’s appointment with the trainer.
How about online trainers?
There’s no denying the popularity of in-gym personal trainers. But how about online trainers? We’ve got your back.
Whether you’re a beginner or pro lifter, it’s an affordable tool tailor-made to help you reach your fitness goals both quickly and efficiently – all within the comfort of your home.
FluidX aqua bags can be used in conjunction with a range of workouts. Our community of personal trainers specialize in different types of exercises, such as HIIT (high intensity interval training), cardio dance, muay thai, and outdoor workouts for spartan training, allowing you to easily reach your fitness goals regardless of workout preference.
With your very own FluidX personal trainer on TodayFit, you can personalize your next workout plan while still having the benefits of someone holding you accountable in your fitness journey for you. Video training sessions are also available to help fix posture and socialize, and you can request a face-to-face session with your personal trainer at any time.
Start your unlimited personal training session with world-class exercise plans for Tank, Boba, or Cube at just HK$250 a week after your free 7-day trial, then gain direct access to a personal trainer through the TodayFit app’s chat function.You can learn more about our aqua bags at www.theFluidX.com.